Thursday, March 22, 2012

Amy Ray - Lung of Love!

I'm sitting here listening to Lung of Love and reading a book and I realized I never posted my Amy Ray videos from SXSW.  So here's the story... back when I was in high school I had a friend who taught me how to play some songs on the guitar.  One of the songs that stuck with me was "Joking" by the Indigo Girls.  I picked up Rites of Passage and that began my love of the Indigo Girls.  Amy Ray, who is 1/2 of the group, releases solo records and I actually just recently learned of some of the backstory to her albums by reading her website.

I have to admit that I didn't have any of her solo records before recently, I only had the Indigo Girls records, but I'm going to have to get them now.  You can read the backstory on her website @ http://www.amy-ray.com/ (click on the About LOL)

Both Kaia and Melissa from The Butchies play on her new album along with Greg Griffith and Julie Wolf.

First track from her new album, Lung Of Love:



Two more tracks from her fantastic new album!



No comments:

Post a Comment