Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gay Bi Gay Gay @ SXSW

This was a great event, 7 years running but I wasn't living in Austin so this was our first time! We learned that this may be the last year for this event because they want to keep it DIY and it's getting so big that it may be too difficult to do it. We'll see what happens but I'm sure it'll get the support it needs. It was huge and there were hundreds and hundreds of people there.

Kaia was the only artist I was familiar with so I was looking forward to seeing what I could discover. This band here was probably the most popular one of the event, having played Gay Bi Gay Gay for several years. This is Metal Fist. I only recorded this one track because I was having a good time watching them so I forgot to record the rest:




There was a performance after Kaia played where they did a special memorial song for one of the founder's grandmother. I did record it but I'm not going to upload it because of the personal nature of it. If they happen to read this and want the video or don't mind if I upload it just let me know.

One of the goals I had for SXSW this year was to find some new artists that really interested me that I hadn't heard before and GBGG produced several, including this one... The Shondes!





Here is the album version of their first single off the new album:

No comments:

Post a Comment