Sunday, March 18, 2012

SXSW - 3/18/12

Today was the last day of SXSW so that meant it was time for Gay Bi Gay Gay, the big queer festival.  It was also another chance to see Kaia and a super secret performance that was going to occur.

This was a very cool place for this event to happen.  It was a huge field that was right by the river.  So we just chilled out like hippies all day and watched bands.  I was impressed by all the artists that played and the food was pretty decent too!

Kaia played an electric set, this time in front of more than just 6 people so that was very cool.  After she played we saw another group which I was thoroughly impressed with called The Shondes so I got their album and am going to have to fully digest it later.

For the secret performance I knew that Kaia was going to be part of a group that played some tracks from Hedwig & The Angry Inch... but I had NO IDEA that John Cameron Mitchell himself was going to be there singing them!  This was huge, he literally rocked the place out and I got to take part in my first (shocking, i know!) crowd surfing experience.  Everyone was going absolutely crazy!


What a day... great time spent outdoors, listening to great music and chillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment